At Home MAUNDY MEAL
- A meatless meal is preferred. The setting should be austere and the food sparse and simple. Appropriate food includes soup, cheese, olives, dried fruit, bread and wine. Book of Occasional Services, pg. 95- perhaps add salad ADD LINK OR COPY OF THE PAGE HERE
- Large bowl or warm water on the porch or entry with a chair and towel(s) wash and dry one of your feet before entering the house.
On entering the house say “Peace to this house and to those who dwell in it”.
- It is appropriate to light candles or a lamp and say a prayer for welcome and light
- Read either I Cor. 11:23-26 or John 13;1-17,31-35
- Three prayers should be said:
- one before passing the Bread
- one before passing or pouring the wine
- one over the other food before serving
- After eating all should stand around the table an offer prayers for the need of the world, our families and our community ending with the Lord’s Prayer.
Someone says: Let us bless the Lord
Response: Thanks be to God
Canon Art will prepare a packet for the Agape Meal and set it outside in a separate packet.